Welcome to SCV Pediatric Dentistry, where the health and happiness of your child’s smile are our top priorities. Dr. Kristine Hong, a professional dentist with a unique background and extensive training, is excited to welcome you and your family to our warm and inviting dental practice.
Dr. Kristine grew up in sunny Southern California and is a “Brujan”—she’s half UCLABruin through her undergraduate degree in psychobiology and half USC Trojan with her degree as a doctor in dental surgery. She graduated at the top of her class and was inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, a prestigious national dental honor society that invites only the top 12% of graduating dental students. Fueled by a strong commitment to continuous learning, she successfully concluded an extra year-long hospital residency at UCLA. During this program, she collaborated with anesthesiologists, oral surgeons, and fellow medical professionals to receive advanced training in the specialized care of patients with unique needs. Additionally, she sharpened her skills at the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles, guided by the mentorship of Dr. Justin. Recognizing her exceptional ability to connect with children, Dr. Justin encouraged her to focus her expertise on pediatrics. Dr. Kristine went on to Yale for an additional two years to become a specialist in pediatric dentistry. Dr. Kristine has undergone specialized training in the areas of prevention, development, trauma, sedation, and comprehensive dental treatment specifically tailored for children and adolescents. Dr. Kristine eagerly anticipates welcoming you and your family to SCV Pediatric Dentistry! She enjoys making the dental office a warm and welcoming place for you and your children to feel comfortable and cared for as we work together to create healthy, beautiful smiles!
- 2012-2016: Dental Surgery degree from the University of Southern California
- 2016-2017: General Practice Residency at the University of California, Los Angeles Ronald Reagan Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles
- 2017-2019: Pediatric Specialty Training at Yale New Haven Hospital, alongside private practice as a general dentist
- 2019-present: Dr. Kristine began working at SCV Pediatric Dentistry and cherishes her connection with staff, patients, and families.
Why Choose Dr. Kristine?
- Dr. Kristine’s gentle and compassionate manner creates a welcoming and comforting environment for families during their dental visits!
- Dr. Kristine has advanced training in treating babies, children, adolescents, and patients with special needs
- Dr. Kristine adopts a conservative approach to treating dental issues and assists families in implementing personalized home care plans to prevent decay.