Valencia Braces for Kids & Adults
Teeth-Straightening Treatments for Kids
At SCV Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics, our orthodontists know that a great-looking smile boosts a child’s self-confidence and provides them further opportunities in life. Orthodontic treatment with braces is common for children, teens, and adults and it is the original smile makeover tool. It isn’t just about a gleaming bright, white, straight smile, though: Properly aligned teeth help a child and adults bite, chewing, and speaking. Braces will also make it easier to practice excellent oral hygiene to keep their mouth free of decay or gum disease.
Some may be under the impression that traditional braces are an outdated teeth-straightening method, but that is far from the truth. It is a time-tested method to straighten teeth, and it is appropriate for both children and adults because it doesn’t require the same daily compliance as other methods, like teeth-straightening aligners, which must be worn at least 22 hours per day. If you are looking for braces in Valencia, it is important to keep in mind which type of braces you want.
What Are Damon Braces?
The brackets and wire that make up traditional braces put continuous pressure on the teeth to gradually shift them into their proper positions.
For braces we use a special system called Damon braces. We choose this unique system because they provide a better experience, that we believe our patients deserve.
With the Damon system braces, the forces used during orthodontic treatment are gentle and designed to keep teeth and gums healthy, unlike traditional braces. It also provides a beautiful, natural smile by creating a fuller smile and a wider arch.
Damon Braces Vs Traditional Braces
- Better Results in Less Time: With Damon braces, we can provide both terrific results more efficiently. Depending upon your specific case, this can translate to a beautiful smile months sooner than with traditional braces. After analyzing your specific needs, we will be able to provide you with a treatment plan that will have you smiling as soon as possible.
- Fewer Visits to the Office: Damon braces reduce the amount of visits needed by eliminate the need for elastic ties, and decreasing the amount of adjustments required. As a result, your appointments can be spaced out further, and will take less time.
- Simplified Procedures: Damon braces are very precise and effective. With this system, we can reduce the number of visits needed and time-consuming, complicated procedures used with traditional braces.
What Foods Should My Child Avoid With Braces?
Some of the foods your child should avoid while undergoing orthodontic treatment with braces include the following:
- Sticky foods, such as gum, taffy or caramel
- Foods that are hard to chew, such as nuts, chips and hard candy
- Foods that could damage or get stuck in braces when first biting down, such as bagels, apples or corn on the cob
For further information on our Valencia orthodontic treatments, or to schedule an appointment for Damon braces near you, contact us today.
Amazing With My Son- Christine C.
Best Pediatric Dentist Ever- Bridget G.
So Kind & Understanding- Crystal C.
We Love it Here!- Jazmin A.
Doctors & Staff are Amazing- Araba B.
Board Certified Pediatric Dentist
Family Friendly Doctors & Staff
Comfortable Office with Little to No Wait Time
Services Available in Spanish
Free Braces or Invisalign Consultation